For those who hold or are applying for a CDPH Lead-Related Construction certification: CDPH launched a new online certification this month.
Links to the online application system are on the CDPH website here: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CCDPHP/DEODC/CLPPB/Pages/LRC.aspx
A user guide and instructional videos walking you through the online registration process are available on the website.
You will need a valid (individual) email address in order to create an account and login on the new system to renew and/or apply for a new CDPH lead certificate.
You will also need the following documents:
- A scanned copy of your course completion form (PDF or JPEG – other possible formats are listed on the site)
- A digital “passport style” photograph, JPEG format, 640 x 480 pixels
- For New Inspector/Assessor, Supervisor, or Project Monitor certificates: a completed “proof of experience” form (downloaded from the website), and the date of the state exam for which you received a passing score. (New Worker and Sampling Technician applications do not require an exam or proof of experience.)
- The first time you renew a certificate online, you will be prompted to enter your current certificate numbers, expiration dates, and your date of birth and zipcode in order to associate your new profile with previous certificates.
In this new process, you complete the online application and upload the required documents, and then wait for an email saying that the application has been approved before providing payment.
Once the application has been approved, you can make payment with a Visa, MasterCard, or e-check online. You can also select “pay offline” and mail a conventional check, but processing time for online payments will be much shorter.
As soon as payment is received, you will be able to download a pdf certificate from the website. This system replaces the old Lead Cards that used to be mailed to you.
Here are some changes that have occurred in the CDPH process since launching the online system:
- New certification expiration dates will no longer be tied to your birthday. Any new lead certifications will expire 1 year from the date that your application is approved and paid for.
- Renewals will expire 1 year from the date of the old expiration date (so you can renew ahead of time without penalty). However, you will have a new certificate number after processing a renewal on the new system.
- It is still possible to submit a paper application using CDPH Form 8488. However, processing times for offline applications will be much longer.