AHERA Project Designer – Initial Course
WhereHayward: Forensic Analytical Consulting Services (FACS)
21228 Cabot Blvd
WhenAug 11, 2020 - Aug 13, 2020
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Due to public health measures related to COVID-19, we are holding this class with the following schedule:
- Live online webinars: August 11 and 12 (8:00-4:30)
- In person hands-on and exam session: August 13 (8:00-4:30).
- At least one in-person session will be held at our Hayward location. (If course enrollment warrants it, an additional in-person session may be arranged at either our Modesto, Fresno, or Bakersfield locations. For an additional fee, we can also arrange to come to your location to complete the in-person portion of the class; call us at 800-677-1483 if this interests you.)In person sessions will be carried out with special attention to physical distancing, hygiene practices and PPE to reduce health risks.
Passing this 24-hour course allows you to design abatement projects for schools and other public buildings as an AHERA accredited Project Designer.
You learn how to:
- create abatement plans
- write technical specifications for complex projects
- evaluate conditions and design asbestos response options for simple to complex asbestos abatement problems
You learn about scheduling, cost estimating, bidding and bid package review. You review regulations, legal liability issues, work practices, sampling procedures, and protection equipment with experienced contractor/consultants.
You apply this knowledge in a practical exercise in which you review project drawings and design an abatement project.
This course is one of the Cal-OSHA requirements for Certified Asbestos Consultants.
Prerequisite: Although it is not a legal requirement, it is suggested that you obtain AHERA Contractor/Supervisor accreditation (pass the initial AHERA Contractor/Supervisor class) before attending this course. The course assumes familiarity with AHERA accredited Contractor/Supervisor concepts and work practices.
An annual 8-hour refresher course is required to maintain your AHERA Project Designer accreditation or Cal-OSHA Certified Asbestos Consultant certification.
24-hour AHERA Project Designer Initial course $540
Register online by completing the booking form below.
If you choose “Pay Offline,” your registration will be tentative until payment is received. Please review our payment and cancellation policies before enrolling in a course.