Lead Sampling Technician (CDPH)
WhereHayward: Forensic Analytical Consulting Services (FACS)
21228 Cabot Blvd
WhenNov 30, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
To reduce public health risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, this course is being scheduled as follows:
Part 1: Online Webinar: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Part 2: In-person hands-on and exam session 1:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- Session 1: Hayward, CA (21228 Cabot Blvd.)
- Session 2: Bakersfield, CA (4400 Ashe Road, Ste. 203)
- You will need to attend one of the in-person hands-on and exam sessions. Please let us know upon registering which location you prefer. In-person sessions will be carried out with attention to physical distancing, PPE, and hygiene practices to prevent viral spread.
Passing this course meets the training requirement (under Title 17 regulations) for California Department of Public Health (CDPH) certification as a Sampling Technician.
This certification allows you, under the direction of a Certified Lead Inspector/Assessor, to:
- take paint-chip samples
- collect dust samples
- collect soil samples
- use an XRF Analyzer (direct reading device) to test painted surfaces (requires an additional 8 hour XRF manufacturer training)
- perform visual inspections and assessments
You will learn basic information needed to perform the sampling work required for lead hazard evaluations, including:
- health risks of lead
- relevant regulations
- how to collect dust wipe, paint chip, and soil samples
- how to use an XRF analyzer
You must pass a multiple-choice exam at the end of this course, but there is no additional State Certification Exam – after passing this course you become CDPH certified by simply completing the CDPH application and paying the CDPH fee.
Sampling Technicians may only work under the supervision of a Certified Inspector/ Assessor. To perform a complete lead hazard evaluation or prepare recommendations and reports, you must take the full 40 hour Lead Paint Inspection & Assessment course, plus have the proper education/experience combination and pass the State Lead Paint Inspector/Assessor exam.
8-hour Lead-Paint Sampling Technician $250
Register online by completing the booking form below.
If you choose “Pay Offline,” your registration will be tentative until payment is received. Please review our payment and cancellation policies before enrolling in a course.