HMS, Inc. is seeking a conscientious, collaborative manager for our Bakersfield Branch operations.
Duties of the Branch Manager will include:
- Managing up to three technicians in field operations
- Creating inspection and oversight proposals for established clients and developing new clients within the greater Bakersfield area
- Providing project oversight for the remediation of hazardous materials as part of renovation, demolition, and maintenance activities
- Coordinating operations with clients, employees, contractors, and staff from other company offices to meet logistical and regulatory requirements
- Performing other duties as required to develop staff, grow client base, strengthen and maintain corporate operations and fulfill the company’s mission.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- California Certified Asbestos Consultant or Site Surveillance Technician certification, or equivalent education and experience*
- Experience performing hazardous materials inspections, project monitoring, or abatement work
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and see diverse projects through to completion
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent work ethic, demonstrated reliability and planning ability
- Construction background
- Comfort with computerized data programs; mastery of Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to work independently, supervise, and contribute effectively to non-hierarchical teams
- Reliable transportation with valid insurance and driver license
- Must be able to pass a physical and background check prior to employment
- *If not fully certified, must be on track, able and willing to complete training and pass tests required for state Asbestos and Lead certifications
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.